This morning we were brief by the DBA who came in and set some work for us to complete over the next couple of weeks. The DBA is the trade association for design in the UK; building the bridge between designers and businesses, and championing effective design.
George Osborne's plans to create a "northern powerhouse" by cutting the time it takes to travel between Manchester and Leeds in half, have been embraced in a new report published by David Higgins today.
What is HS3?
What's the response been?
- Northern Powerhouse
- Sheffield etc may be included
- Capital North is the name
- Don't need to think too much about politics
- Identity brief
- Think about craft skills
- Avoid stereotypes
- Think about why investors would want to be a part of it
- Groups of 4 in each team
- Business, government, politics - consider all audiences
- Understand the reasons to believe
- Mandatory - Logo and posters
- Plus two - Train livery, train staff uniform, environmental, a 'what's on' app - How does it look and not really about how it works
- Clients love a moving logo if this is possible
- 11th - Logo/thoughts/ideas
- Tell a story in the presentation
- Refine, refine, refine!