Friday 5 December 2014

OUGD603 - Extended Practice: Tony Broomhead Holbeck Urban Village (Placement Opportunity)

When we were in the workshop with Tony today, we had lots of opportunities to speak to him and ask him any questions about what he does. He asked us a lot of questions regarding the course and the kind of work we produce, as he is a tutor at Sheffield University. 

I asked him a lot of questions about OS31 as I wanted to find out whether it would be possible for me to do a placement with him. He said at the moment the three of them work in quite a small studio space and there is stuff absolutely everywhere (prototypes etc). I asked whether they have ever had any students in for a placement. He said that everyone he teaches constantly ask him about whether they can come and work with him, but he said to me that at the end of the day, they don't really need another architect, so perhaps a Graphic Designer would be suitable! 

I then went on to ask him whether there would be any chance for me to visit him in Sheffield or maybe even have a placement with him. He said that if I kept in touch with him then we could see about sorting something out. 

I would absolutely love the chance to work with a group of architects as I think it would be so inspiring and would allow me to engage with a completely different kind of design. I am going to keep in touch with Tony (as I already have been doing) and contact him in the New Year about the possibility of future work with him and his team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment